The meltdown continues, unabated…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The meltdown continues, unabated…

I almost hate the pile on because this is getting pathetic. With each passing day, the President sounds less Presidential. He’s been hollering at, insulting, and belittling his own supporters. And every day, he seems to hit a new low. I don’t know what his administration is thinking but this is just clueless. It is quite obvious why most Democratic candidates have practically requested a retraining Order against President – he is not helping matters. From the LA Times:

A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy, President Obama warned Wednesday.

Speaking on Michael Baisden's syndicated radio show, Obama also made a direct appeal to African Americans about the importance of the November vote, even though he's not on the ballot himself.

"The reason we won [in 2008] is because young people, African Americans, Latinos -- people who traditionally don't vote in high numbers -- voted in record numbers. We've got to have that same kind of turnout in this election," he said. "If we think that we can just vote one time, then we have a nice party at Obama's inauguration, and then we can kind of sit back and suddenly everything's going to change – that's just not how it works."
    Wow. I don’t know about anyone else, but, in my judgment, it’s bad enough that he considers divided government - a frequent phenomenon in American history - to be the staging ground for a fistfight, an unspeakable horror unresolvable by discussion and compromise. It’s bad enough that he continues to insult and demean his opponents. But he is the President, for goodness’ sakes, and he’s making a naked appeal on race and ethnic lines? It’s shameful. It’s quite a message to the rest of Americans, isn’t it? He’s given up on you - and apparently you on him.

And he’s back to petulant blame-casting, with, you guessed it, George W. Bush returning for an appearance in the most recent episode of “Not Obama’s fault!”:

Days before the release of a key jobs report, Obama said most of the job losses his administration gets blamed for occurred before "any of my economic plans were put into place," and that the country is still "experiencing the hangover from the misguided policies" of the last decade.
    Good grief. He told us his stimulus plan would keep unemployment at 8 percent, conceded that he should be judged on the economy, and touted the “Recovery Summer.” But now all he has left is “Bush did it!” It’s not only silly and ineffective; it’s embarrassing for the president (I am embarrassed for the President), after nearly two years in office, to disclaim responsibility for his record and his results. Where are the adults in his administration?

I really wonder how Obama will behave after the election. He is going to have to deal with a Republican majority in one or both houses, and he’s really not going to be able to run against George W. Bush a second time (John McCain was beside the point in 2008). He’d better lose the petulant demeanor, knock off the divisive appeals, and figure out how to revise his failing agenda. Otherwise, it will be a long two years for him and a dismal 2012 for both him and his party.

GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns

It really is time to permanently put the minority party back in the minority. It's the only place they can function. They are so obviously incompetent when it comes to governing.

With around 20% of the country recognizing themselves as liberals, why should they ever be allowed to participate in the government at a level higher than that? Look at what this 22-month experiment with Marxism cost our country. It's shameful, and the Republicans involved in getting us to this point are more to blame than the Democrats. Wake up America!

Comment

Re: The meltdown continues, unabated…

Originally posted by Maggie
      With each passing day, the President sounds less Presidential.

All great points Maggie. I too have grown weary of MY President not being presidential. Like him or not, he is the leader of our country, and I wish he would act like it.

As I acknowledge that he is my President, I wish at the same time I (and those that think like me) could be acknowledged by the President as an American.

He needs to be reminded he's the President for all Americans, not just the holier than thou academics and the deadbeats, but everyone Mr. President.

Comment

Working...
      X